How to Plan a Marketing Calendar, Your Marketing often works in chaos. Projects and tasks exist in team members’ heads, notebooks, notes, emails, and whiteboards. And it becomes difficult for managers to track activities and results and to know how one person’s work affects the progress of others. Want to achieve your marketing and revenue goals? So in such a fragmented and disorganized marketing setup, it is almost impossible to do.
There is a solution: A single, centralized marketing calendar can rule it all.
Think marketing campaigns, creative work that powers them, day-to-day work, dependencies, visual assets, editing, theme ideas, and more.
All the work that needs to happen to see success – all in this calendar. Marketing Calendar: Advancements during occasions and marketing calendars can acquire billions of incomes through web-based marketing calendars. A marketing calendar is crucial for building better systems and having more opportunities to urge ready for them. However, you’ll be able to, in any case, make arrangements for a superior. during this marketing calendar, you’ll be able to observe a complete occasion list for your marketing calendar exercises, all checked perceptibly.
Table of Contents
What is the marketing calendar?
A marketing Calendar is a tool to plan and organize marketing projects in one place.
It is the roadmap for all your marketing activities. It is the single truth source for all marketing team functions.
The marketing calendar answers and following questions :
What marketing calendar projects are we working on? This can include significant product launches, weekly newsletters, social media events, and holiday promotions.
Who is responsible for each marketing project and task? These marketing calendars help you avoid the “I thought you were working on that” results.
When is your marketing project due? No more wrangling in the last hour before a deadline; the Calendar will allow you to plan and send great work on time.
How to Plan a Marketing Calendar
Can you read this tutorial from scratch and get ready to create a marketing calendar? Check out these three steps to get started! Follow the processes.
1. Choose where you want to host your calendar
The first step in creating a marketing calendar is deciding where to make it. And although you can choose it manually, it is recommended that you create an electronic version of your calendar. It takes less time to create an electronic version and is less likely to be lost or destroyed.
You can share the electronic version with other colleagues in other teams. You can create a marketing calendar in many places, such as:
- Google Sheets
- Microsoft Excel or Word
- Software dedicated to calendars
2. You define your goals
Before diving into the details of your calendar, you need to define your goals. Defining your goals is important, so you know where you’re working. And it would be best if you focused your intent on what you want to achieve with your campaign and kept working on the proper rules.
You can set the following goals:
- Get new leads
- Sales revenue
- Increase brand exposure
- and more
3. Determine your marketing strategy
The next step in creating a marketing calendar is determining your marketing strategy. Here are some common tactics that pop up on the digital marketing calendar:
Email Marketing Strategy: Email marketing is a strategy that allows you to email your customers and personalize their experience directly. From new product launches to product sales, you can schedule when to send emails to help you reach your audience at the right time.
Content Marketing Strategy: Content marketing is a strategy that focuses on developing and sharing content with your audience.
Social Media Marketing Strategy: Social media marketing involves creating content and sharing posts on your social media profiles. Using a digital marketing calendar, you can plan when to post content on social media and coordinate it with other marketing strategies.
The Marketing Campaigns for Your Important Days
If you want to plan for Christmas or any holiday event, try to take advantage of it, and it’s very important to make your strategy successful. A marketing idea will entice your customers to buy more if it is executed effectively.
1. Key events in January
The start of the year is additionally the time-frame when clients are anxious to end their fresh new goals. you’ll consider New Year crusades and make invigorating difficulties to help them with arriving at their objectives. additionally, they’ll hunt ways of expenditure their Christmas gift cards, so this might be your chance to attract new clients and drive more deals.
- January first: national holiday Day
- January first – 31st: Dry January, Ginuary, and Veganuary
- 6 January: National Shortbread Day
- 17 January: Blue Monday
- 25 January: Burns Night
- 26 January: Australia Day
- 27 January: cake Day
2. Key events in February
This month addresses love and care, when practically all of the dates are for the get-together (Chinese New Year), or showing love (Valentine’s Day, Love Your Pet Day), and regard (LGBT History Month).
Perhaps the best occasion this month is day. As a matter of fact, it’s the fifth-biggest occasion within the u. s., during which customers spent over $21 billion (The Balance). this will be your opportunity to advertise extraordinary bundles connected with connections. Nonetheless, the practice might vary in every nation, expecting brands to be adaptable in procedure application.
- 1 February: Lunar year
- 1 – 28 February: LGBT History Month
- 4 February: World Cancer Day
- 5 February: World Nutella Day
- 6 February: quick bread Day
- 9 February: National Pizza Day
- 14 February: February 14
- 17 February: Random Act of Kindness Day
- 20 February: Love Your Pet Day
3. Key events in March
In this month, you’ll zero in on ladies related content as International Women’s Day and day are both accessible. Note that this is often Mother’s Day within the uk, while that within the us are praised on 8 May.
Other observable days in March incorporate St David’s Day, which could be a major occasion for the Welsh, and St Patrick’s Day, a public occasion of the Republic of eire. Nowadays, Wales and Ireland, however different nations likewise hold strict administrations and galas to celebrate.
- 1 March: Christian holy day, St David’s Day, Shrove Tuesday
- 2 March: Christian holy day
- 3 March: World Book Day
- 8 March: International Women’s Day
- 10 March: Popcorn Lovers Day
- 13 March: BAFTA’s
- 17 March: St Patrick’s Day
- 20 March: First Day of Spring
- 25 March: International Waffle Day
- 27 March: day
- 27 March: BST begins
4. Key events in April
April Fool’s Day opens new open doors for organizations to concoct fun and astonishing substance. Surprising limits and imbeciles are often great strategies to increment brand mindfulness and client commitment.
Only fourteen days after the very fact, another huge occasion comes – Easter. As per Statista, up to 79% of review respondents say they observe Easter, making a good objective marketplace for any marketing calendar. During this point, it’s feasible to advertise Easter gifts for added benefits furthermore as make intuitive exercises to assemble leads and energize client created content.
- 1 April: April Fool’s Day
- 3 April: Ramadan Start
- 10 April: Siblings Day
- 11 April: National Pet Day
- 15 April: Good Friday
- 17 April: Easter Day
- 18 April: Easter Monday
- 19 April: Bicycle Day
- 21 April: National Tea Day
- 22 April: Earth Day
- 23 April: St George’s Day
5. Key events in May
May may be a month that allows everybody to unwind in various ways. Indeed, even it’s a Labor Day to be liberated from work, or World Cocktail Day, World Baking Day, and Star Wars Day, all connected with leisure activities.
Subsequently, this month’s soul may well be intriguing, or chilled and loose. marketing calendar exercises may be made for every event; in any case, they must be applicable to your items, obviously.
- 1 May: End of Ramadan
- 1 May: national holiday (UK)
- 2 May: Early May legal holiday
- 4 May: Star Wars Day
- 5 May: Cinco de Mayo
- 11 May: National Eat What you would like Day
- 13 May: World Cocktail Day
- 16 May: International Day of sunshine
- 17 May: World Baking Day
- 20 May: World Bee Day
- 29 May: National Biscuit Day
- 31 May: Spring legal holiday
6. Key events in June
June is that the starting month of summer, causing it to be an awesome opportunity to try to to marketing calendar with plenty of events. Additionally, you’ll be able to support deals by zeroing in on day, which falls on 19 June. Begin offering deals from the beginning of the month can give clients more opportunity to trace down their ideal gifts.
June is likewise Pride Month for the LGBTQ+ people group, so you’ll be able to consider different web-based entertainment crusades that last the whole month.
- 1 June: Global Day of oldsters
- 1 – 30 June: Pride Month
- 2 June: Spring national holiday
- 3 June: Platinum Jubilee national holiday
- 11 June: World Gin Day
- 15 June: National Beer Day (UK)
- 19 June: Father’s Day
- 21 June: International Day of Yoga, solstice, Beginning of Summer
- 22 – 26 June: Glastonbury Festival
- 25 June: June 24
- 27 June: Wimbledon Starts (closes tenth July)
7. Key events in July
July is calmer than other earlier months, supplying you with a chance to relax and plan for the subsequent time frames. Nonetheless, you’ll in any case exploit World Emoji Day or the start of college events.
In addition, lately, the International Day of Friendship is likewise becoming famous. Clients are sure to search for kinship things, so it alright could also be a cheerful opportunity to advertise extraordinary combos for added benefits.
- 4 July: American July 4
- 7 July: World Chocolate Day
- 17 July: World Emoji Day
- 25 July: School Holidays (varies per school)
- 26 July: Back to highschool (closes early September)
- 30 July: Islamic New Year
- 30 July: International Day of Friendship
- 31 July: National Avocado Day
8. Key events in August
August expects brands to be more explicit with their objective clients. the times are more precarious and for specific gatherings. In light of that, we’ve got seen different brands be inventive with their mission thoughts once they make the events applicable to their objective. no matter whether the day isn’t most for your marketing calendar, pursue it as an open door by making treat for your crowd. It’s great to be fun sometimes!
- 1 August: Summer legal holiday (Scotland)
- 5 August: International Beer Day
- 8 August: International Cat Day
- 9 August: Book Lovers Day
- 19 August: World Photography Day
- 25 August: National Burger Day
- 26 August: National Dog Day
- 29 August: Summer legal holiday
9. Key events in September
Understudies are returning to high school, moreover as harvest starts – what a pleasing chance to start your vacation crusade plans. Assuming that your marketing calendar targets understudies, families, or the youthful, sending off advertising lobbies for those audiences is great. Before the approaching back to highschool day, you’ll sell school supplies, children’s clothing, or different basics. nowadays may well be different per school, thus you must begin the missions prior, suppose, in late July or August.
- 1 September: Autumn Begins
- 5 September: Back to high school (varies per school)
- 6 September: national holiday (US)
- 6 September: Read a Book Day
- 12 September: National Chocolate Milkshake Day
- 16 September: World Guacamole Day
- 27 September: World Tourism Day
10. Key events in October
Halloween is appearance toward the finish of October, yet it can’t prevent brands from exploiting the occasion over time. Organizations can enrich disconnected stores and site topics as needs be to create the energy and attract clients better. Besides, different days connecting with food can likewise be advanced on the off chance that you simply are within the Food and Beverage area.
- 1 – 31 October: Black History Month (UK)
- 1 – 31 October: carcinoma Awareness Month
- 1 – 31 October: Go Sober for October (Stopober)
- 1 October: International Coffee Day
- 1 October: World Vegetarian Day
- 10 October: World psychological state Day
- 16 October: World Food Day
- 22 October: National Nut Day
- 25 October: World Pasta Day
- 26 October: National Pumpkin Day
- 29 October: National Cat Day
- 30 October: BST closes
- 31 October: Halloween
11. Key events in November
The biggest shopping day of the year and Cyber Monday are the beginnings of the Christmas shopping season when brands are offering the most important limits of the year. it’s exceptionally aggressive during now, that the sooner you begin the missions, the higher outcomes you’ll accomplish.
- 1 – 30 November: Movember
- 1 November: World Vegan Day
- 5 November: coconspirator Night
- 11 November: holiday
- 13 November: Remembrance Sunday
- 25 November: Black Friday
- 28 November: Cyber Monday
- 30 November: St Andrew’s Day
12. Key events in December
December denotes a season that request is extremely high due to the Christmas Holiday. As a matter of fact, organizations can exploit this extended vacation to send off marketing calendar consistently. Google expressed that 70% of respondents actually shopped during the last week shortly before Christmas. From that time forward, the legal holiday, ranging from the uk, and therefore the legal holiday Eve, are additionally incredible open doors for brands to increment deals after Christmas.
- 4 December: National Cookie Day
- 14 December: Christmas Jumper Day
- 21 December: solstice
- 25 December: national holiday
- 26 December: national holiday
- 28 December: national holiday
- 31 December: legal holiday Eve
Mageplaza has arranged a complete 2023-2024 marketing calendar schedule for you that you just can download fully underneath. Inform us on whether you have got different events we would miss, and indeed, Happy New Year!